|Thermal spa Sklene Teplice |
|The Sklene Teplice spa lies in a picturesque valley at the foot of the Stiavnicke peaks, linking the town Hliník nad Hronom with the village Podhorie, 12 km from Banská Stiavnica, a unique jewel in the worlds cultural heritage.
A distinctive feature of Sklene Teplice is the occurrence of thermal springs of mineral waters with a water temperature ranging from 37°C to 52.3°C, which alongside their significant healing effects bring up the spirit of the long and famous history of the spa, these having been used since the 16th century. The spa is used for treating diseases of the motorial apparatus, nervous disorders and more recently post-traumatic states; they are through their nature intended also for the wider public as an oasis of recreation and active leisure.
A unique product of nature is the steam bath "Parenica", which provides visitors the possibility to bathe directly in the cave where the hot water wells up. This unique feature in Central Europe is valued by scientific institutions as well as being renowned at home and abroad. Among the other baths, we will mention the Mining bath, whose name reminds us of this region s famous mining past, or the central or social pool.
It is necessary to mention here that the water at Sklene Teplice is hypotonic and has a rare hydrating effect on the skin. Besides numerous treatments, there are also cultural and sporting possibilities available to the visitor in the spa s surrounding area. The Sklene Teplice spa, besides the standard spa stays, offers also weekend and reconditioning stays and is thus becoming an ideal place for a family holiday, a destination for individual or group stays.
What do we treat at Sklene Teplice?
- polyneuropathy with signs of muscle damage
- spinal disorders with damage to the vertebrae and discs
- states after infantile cerebral palsy
- states after inborn disjointed lumbar joints
- defective curvature of the spine
- post-traumatic states or states after operations on the motorial apparatus and spine
- degenerative disorders of the joints and spine
- rheumatic disorders
- inflammatoryjoint and spine disorders
What accommodation do we offer?
- accommodation in the reconstructed pension Lenka in double-bedded rooms with social facilities (WC, shower, TV, fridge, telephone)
- accommodation in the reconstructed pension Park in single- double- and triple-bedded rooms with social facilities (WC, shower, TV, fridge, telephone)
- accommodation in suites
What catering do we provide?
- day-long catering or half-board in the categories standard and lux
- possibility for dietary catering
What treatments do we provide?
- thermal baths pool with wrap
- steam bath
- bubble bath and underwater massage
- whirlpool baths
- Scottish showers
- classic and reflex massage
- individual and group physical exercise treatment
- hydrokinetic therapy
- diadynamic and interference streams
- diathermia, ultrasound, solux, mountain sun
- parafang and paraffin poultices
- gas injections
- electrotherapy, magnetotherapy and treatment by polarised light and UV light
- mobilisation techniques for the joints and spine
What else do we offer?
- trips to nearby historical places - Banska Stiavnica, the Antol castle at Sv. Anton, Kremnica, Banska Bystrica, Bojnice
- individual trips and excursions according to guests wishes - cultural events at the spa, visits to theatre performances in Zvolen and Banska Bystrica
- arranging horse-rides, and/or tuition in the surrounding area
What types of stay do we offer?
- spa stay
- reconditioning stay
- relaxation stay
- weekend stay
- accommodation in pensions
How and where can you find us?
- turn-off on the state highvvay no. 65 Hlinik nad Hronom - bus connection from Zarnovica, Ziar nad Hronom and Banska Stiavnica
- possibility to order pick-up service for guests from an agreed point
|ON LINE - Up-to-date information |